Saturday, October 31, 2015

Country Living Fair: Atlanta 2015

A week ago (can't believe it's already been that long!), 
Matt and I headed out of town, southbound on I-85.  

Destination: the Country Living Fair in Atlanta!

This was my second time attending the fair.  Stacey of Cottage Industry and I went in 2012 and had a great time shopping together.  This trip was Matt's maiden voyage to Stone Mountain Park.

I remember being thoroughly taken with the beauty of the fair's location last time. The wooded slopes of the mountain were again ablaze in color.  A peacefulness permeated the surroundings.

Nestled in a portion of the woods was the fair itself.  On meandering paths, vendors sold their wares. 




And in an adjacent open field was the fair's main stage, food vendors, pavilion and this glorious pile of pumpkins and gourds. 



In a number of areas, Country Living magazine cover photos were blown up and hung on tents or buildings.  I loved seeing these familiar images in even greater detail.



We enjoyed taking in all the sights the fair had to offer. From antiques, to vintage items, handmades, upcycled pieces, art and more, there was no shortage of delightful items. 














These merino felted wool hats by Miss Fitt of Durham, NC (just down the road from home!) were absolutely incredible. 




With winter around the corner, a cloche might be needed, right?





There were many touches of fall decor to be found...


Aren't these chenille pumpkins with twig branches the charmingest?



And there were even glimpses of Christmas goodies.  My eyes were continually drawn to the shiny baubles!


It was exceedingly tempting to not buy more glitter houses.  I have an illness for them that involves pinning many pictures of them.  But I resisted this time, though I will have to make some for Christmas this year for sure!





Recently, the Go Girl Shoppe in Raleigh, NC started carrying my soy candles.  Meghan, the Go Girl, was a vendor at this year's fair as well.  Her space was actually our very first stop on Friday because I was dying to see her vintage travel trailer in person!


Cute, right?

Oh, and hey, look!  These are rather familiar...



One of my favorite aspects of the fair also involved a camper.  This is Modern June's vintage Shasta, Sew Junie. Look at this cutie-pie-on-wheels!





Lastly, getting to see the Beekman Boys--Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell--had me giddy. 


Never you mind that this is the third time I've seen them in as many years.  I promise I'm a completely benign fangirl...

 During their chat with the CL editor-in-chief on the main stage, I kept elbowing Matt and saying things like, "aren't they hilarious?!" and "they're just the best!!"  It truly couldn't be helped.  But he laughed and appreciated them too because how can one not?

After their talk, we high-tailed it the book signing line.  I've owned The Bucolic Plague and The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook for several years (and actually had them signed back at the 2012 fair) but hadn't yet picked up their newer books: The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Dessert Cookbook and 
Beekman 1802 Style.  With copies of these in-hand, we made our way through the line and met Brent and Josh (yet again), who are so very gracious and down-to-earth.



For a 48-hour trip, we surely packed in quite a bit.  Matt and I always have fun together but this was an especially sweet weekend.  Seeing so many pretties stirs happiness in my core.  And because he's the best, Matt wants me to do/see all the things that make me happy.  So therefore we spent many hours trailing through the woods, exploring, discovering, admiring and, of course, buying together.


'Twas a lovely time and it will be fondly remembered.

Now to finally unpack and put out our finds...more on that later!


All photos taken on my iPhone 5c and edited in Ribbet.



No comments:

Post a Comment